The difference between 1206 and 0603 chip resistors is as follows:
1. The difference of the current passing through:
(1) The rated power of 0603 chip resistor is 1608.
(2) The rated power of 1206 chip resistor is 3216. Compared with 0603 chip resistors, the power is much larger.
Two, the difference in application scenarios:
(1) 1206 chip resistors are generally used in power supplies because of their high power, and are rarely used on power lines.
(2) 0603 SMD resistors have low power and are generally used on power cords or devices with low power.
SMD resistors have high assembly density, and their volume and weight are only about 1/10 of traditional plug-in components. Generally, after SMT is used, the volume of electronic products is reduced by 40% to 60%, and the weight is reduced by 60% to 80%. High reliability and strong anti-vibration ability. The defect rate of solder joints is low. Good high frequency characteristics. Reduce electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. It is easy to realize automation and improve production efficiency. Reduce costs by 30%~50%. Save materials, energy, equipment, manpower, time, etc.