SMD resistors are a kind of metallic glass uranium resistors, which play a stable function in the circuit, with high reliability and low cost. Next, Pingshang Technology will take you to understand the characteristics of chip resistors and the issues to be noted.
SMD resistance characteristics:
1. Small size and light weight; suitable for reflow soldering and wave soldering;
2. Stable electrical function and high reliability;
3. The installation cost is low, and it is matched with the active installation equipment;
4. High mechanical strength and superior high frequency characteristics.
SMD resistors should pay attention to the following:
一. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection for signal transmission lines:
1. The maximum operating voltage of the resistance is greater than the operating voltage of the circuit;
2. The capacitance matches the signal transmission rate, that is, the varistor does not attenuate the signal during signal transmission;
3. ESD resistance can meet the requirements of the whole machine.
2. To protect the power line from induced over-voltage and operating over-voltage, it is necessary to think about:
二. The maximum operating voltage of the resistance is greater than the operating voltage of the circuit;
2. The maximum peak current and energy tolerance must be greater than the amplitude of induced overvoltage and operating overvoltage that may appear in the circuit. Under the conditions of circuit structure, space location, and design cost, choose products with large resistance or large scale as much as possible. In fact, any kind of chip zinc oxide varistor can perform inductive overvoltage, operating overvoltage, and ESD protection.